The 2.6 challenge is calling all home heroes to help save UK charities!
The Covid-19 pandemic has had a catastrophic effect with the cancellation of thousands of events and the loss of billions in income through fundraising events for charities. We need your support now more than ever - it would mean the world to us. With the cancellation of the London Marathon, a national campaign was created using the distance - 26 - as inspiration. Create your own challenge based around 2.6 or 26 and make a donation (big or small) on our Just Giving Page. You could even go one step further by collecting donations from family and friends too. You can do anything that government guidelines allow.
Whatever the challenge and whatever the amount you donate, we believe in you and are grateful for your support in these difficult times.
So what do you need to do?
- Dream up your 2.6 Challenge
- Choose Norfolk Wildlife Trust as your chosen charity
- Set up your fundraising page on JustGiving or Virgin Money Giving
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you
- Complete your 2.6 challenge!
- Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge, (don’t forget to tag us with @NorfolkWT too!)
Why not try?
- Hop like a frog around your garden 26 times
- Run 2.6km around your house
- Or virtually tag-team a marathon with your friends
- Search for 26 different insects
- Draw 26 pictures of wildlife you've seen in your local area
- Wildlife watch for 26 minutes or 2.6 hours
We are joining with the UK’s charities to ask for your support to raise funds and help us continue to save Norfolk’s wildlife.
The Virgin Money London Marathon alone, which should have taken place on Sunday 26 April, is the world’s biggest one-day fundraising event, which raised more than £66.4 million for thousands of charities in 2019. Norfolk Wildlife Trust is one of those to have benefitted from individuals running in our name in the past.
Many charities have had to reduce or stop services at a time when vulnerable members of society need them most; thousands of staff have been placed on furlough and many charities will not survive the next few months.
You will make a real difference by supporting us with your 2.6 challenge - Thank you for all you are doing to support the UK’s charities when they need it the most!