Dick Wingate, Volunteer Promoter of the NWT 250 Club

Prize draw of NWT 250 Club


Monday 12 April, 2021


First 40th anniversary draw

 The February 2021 Draw of the 250 Club was held remotely on 26 February, and 118 prizes were drawn, comprising the five top prizes, and 113 £30 wins.

25% of prizes were won by ticket holders who hold a single ticket in the Draw, with the remaining 75% won by those who have two or more tickets. nine of these lucky winners won more than one prize! Each ticket has a 1:15 chance of being drawn.

The Club’s first big birthday top prize winner, Peter, was delighted with his win and said: “What a wonderful surprise..! It came at an opportune moment as we have just purchased and installed a security camera and a trail cam, to monitor the hedgehogs in our city garden. With the cooperation of our neighbours, we have set up a hedgehog highway and now have regular visitors.”


 

The 250 Club is a small society lottery currently run by Dick Wingate, Volunteer Promoter, which gives 40% of its income in prizes and is established to donate the remainder towards Norfolk Wildlife Trust projects such as land restoration, species reintroduction and conservation grazing.

This year marks a significant milestone for our 250 Club lottery: donations from ticket holders exceeded an incredible £250,000. We use the funds as a Third Party Contributing payment to a Landfill Operator, meaning this quarter of a million from the 250 Club has enabled us to unlock a further £2.5million towards habitat restoration projects across Norfolk.

We hold two Prize Draws, in February and July each year. Read more about the club, what has been achieved for wildlife, meet Dick Wingate and find all the information you need to join and enjoy the chance to Win for Wildlife.
NWT
Share this

Top news stories

2021-07-15 Rail station wildlife gardens Rail station wildlife gardens to receive stamp of approval from NWT
Thursday 15 July, 2021
Community efforts to boost nature at rail stations are to be rewarded with an official accreditation from Norfolk Wil...
2021-07-08 Commons for the future? Commons for the future?
Thursday 08 July, 2021
Norfolk Wildlife Trust has this week published a study which considers the strengths and weaknesses of the potential ...
2021-06-25 Discover seaside soap operas d Discover seaside soap operas during National Marine Week
Friday 25 June, 2021
Staycations mean more of us are set to discover the delights of our shores and coastal waters, as we visit the seasid...
2021-06-15 More than £600k raised to expa More than £600k raised to expand Brecks nature reserve
Tuesday 15 June, 2021
Norfolk Wildlife Trust has reached its fundraising target to expand one of the Brecks’ most important nature re...
2021-06-07 Go wild for beetles this summe Go wild for beetles this summer
Monday 07 June, 2021
Have you seen a two-spot bishy barnabee, a scorpion impersonator or a male beetle with swollen hind legs? This summer...
2021-05-27 30 Days Wild – the UK’s bigges 30 Days Wild – the UK’s biggest nature challenge – reveals people’s favourite ‘random acts of wildness’
Thursday 27 May, 2021
On the eve of the UK’s most popular nature challenge, 30 Days Wild, a survey of last year’s participants ...
2021-05-17 Covid update on re-opening Covid update on re-opening
Monday 17 May, 2021
In light of the Government’s ‘roadmap’ out of lockdown, Norfolk Wildlife Trust has today reopened m...
2021-05-17 Future and Form - 21- 30 May S Future and Form - 21- 30 May Shifting Lines
Monday 17 May, 2021
The shifting nature of the North Norfolk coast is evoked through the subtle choreography of voice, natural sounds, vi...
2021-04-20 Car parking booking system int Car parking booking system introduced for NWT Holme Dunes 
Tuesday 20 April, 2021
Norfolk Wildlife Trust will begin trialling an online booking system for its car park at NWT Holme Dunes on the north...
2021-04-14 Unique purple sea sponge named Unique purple sea sponge named by local child after a decade spent nameless
Wednesday 14 April, 2021
A mysterious type of purple sponge was discovered 10 years ago during a survey funded by The Wildlife Trusts (in...
2021-04-12 Prize draw of NWT 250 Club Prize draw of NWT 250 Club
Monday 12 April, 2021
First 40th anniversary draw  The February 2021 Draw of the 250 Club was held remotely on 26 February, and 118 p...
2021-04-12 Covid update - roadmap to reop Covid update - roadmap to reopening
Monday 12 April, 2021
In light of the Government’s ‘roadmap’ out of lockdown, Norfolk Wildlife Trust has reopened its vis...