How is the membership service affected by the Coronavirus outbreak?
The NWT office is currently operating much reduced hours and without membership staff on site. We are doing our best to maintain the service to our members, and thank you for your support at this difficult time. You can find out below what service we aim to provide until further notice. This will be updated as we develop our plans for the most efficient way of working.
- Your membership will be processed but we are currently unable to post out membership packs. Your pack will be sent on when this becomes possible, but in the meantime you can find all our latest information on our website. If we have your email address we will send you an email acknowledgement of membership, otherwise we will send a letter but this may take a little while.
- We cannot offer a new gift membership service at this time
- If you usually renew in April, you should get your renewal letter in the post as usual
- For May renewals onwards, if we have an email address for you, we will send you a renewal email, if not we will send a letter but it may arrive later in the month than you are used to
- If you pay by Direct Debit, your membership will renew as usual, there is nothing you need to do
- If you do not pay by Direct Debit, you can pay your renewal online. Cheques or card details sent in the post will be processed, but this will take a little longer than usual. You cannot currently call us to pay by card (please check back as we do hope to introduce this)
- If you wish to make amendments to your membership, or cancel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 625540 and your enquiry will be dealt with as soon as possible
- Gift memberships can be renewed but we cannot provide the greetings card service. Cards may take longer to send to the member than usual.
Norfolk Wildlife Trust plays a very important part in protecting our natural heritage. I would encourage anyone who cares about wildlife to join.
Membership access online
At the moment we are not able to offer the facility for existing members to log in to their membership details and amend details such as name and address. As this requires significant security systems to be in place in order to protect your personal details, it is currently too costly for us to consider. We aim to put as many of our funds as possible directly into wildlife conservation.
To renew a membership, visit here
and enter your details as if for a new membership. We will identify you as an existing member when we check your details, and there is space to enter your membership number.
To notify us of a change of address or other details, or many any other changes to your membership, email us
or call the office on 01603 625540.