Frequently Asked Questions

Please find below answers to frequently asked questions.

How do I find out opening times and contact details for your reserves and visitor centres?

To check details for a particular reserve or visitor centre, please visit the 'Nature Reserves' section of the website and view the details for the particular reserve that you are interested in. Opening times are usually stated in the drop-down menus on the right-hand side of the page.

How do I find out what events are running?

To view our upcoming events, please visit the Events section of our website or our Eventbrite page.

Where can I get help with my wildlife ID questions?

If you are hoping to identify a species, you may find the Species Explorer section of our website helpful. If you are still unsure and would like further help, please email us at [email protected].

What should I do if I find a dead or injured animal?

Please note that Norfolk Wildlife Trust is unable to deal with sick or injured animals. If you are concerned about an animal that you find, please contact the RSPCA. You can find details about their wildlife rehabilitation centres here and can phone them on 0300 123 0709. If you see any livestock (sheep, cattle or ponies) on our reserves in difficulty or distress, please contact our Grazing Manager on 07769 710369.

Where can I send my photos of wildlife?

If you have taken an inspiring wildlife photo in Norfolk we'd like to see it! You can submit your photos to the NWT photo gallery here, where you can also find further details about how our gallery works.

I would like to join Norfolk Wildlife Trust as a member - how do I do that?

We would love to welcome you as a member! Please visit the Membership page of our website to see our Membership options.

What should I do if I want to make a complaint?

Please see the Complaints page of our website to read our Complaints Policy and fill in a complaints form.

What should I do if I have a specific question that isn't covered here?

For any other questions, you can fill in the form on the Contact Us page of our website or send us a message on social media.

I have sent you a message but haven't heard back yet. What should I do?

We aim to reply to messages and questions as soon as possible. It can sometimes take one or two working days to reply, so please bear with us!

What should I do if I have an urgent concern about something on your reserves?

If your concern is urgent (for example, you feel you have witnessed illegal activity or an accident), please contact the emergency services. If you have urgent but non-emergency service concerns, please call 01603 625540. If your concern is not urgent, please fill in the form on the Contact Us page of our website or send us a message on social media and we will get back to you as soon as we can.