In line with the governments Covid 19 Response Summer 2021, Norfolk Wildlife Trust will continue to follow a phased and cautious process as part of the government’s 4 step roadmap to recovery. We have now been welcoming visitors back to our sites and as the guidance continues to progress, we have been working hard to adapt to new procedures and safety measures which has enabled our centres to reopen, albeit with some restrictions still.
Current access restrictions at our visitor centres
We know many of you have been enjoying access to the reserves prior to the centres reopening and so we have been pleased to be able to resume with some of our other visitor facilities. From 19 July we respectfully encourage everyone to voluntarily maintain the same safety measures of face coverings and social distancing that, to date, have kept both our staff, volunteers and visitors safe.
All hides are now open and will operate in accordance with government Covid measures.
All visitors to NWT Holme Dunes
need to use the online car park booking system which applies to weekends, public holidays and school holidays: 1 – 4 June 2021 and 22 July – 3 September 2021.
At NWT Cley and Salthouse Marshes
and NWT Holme Dunes we will also then re-introduce some internal seating in line with government measures for consuming refreshments and as before external seating and toilet facilities are available at all sites. We have produced a comprehensive guide for our staff and site managers, along with a Covid risk assessment. Below you will find some insight into the preparations we have made to ensure safety, and to let you know of the measures we have put into place that you can expect on your visit. The full document is available on request.
We are truly grateful to our members and visitors for being patient with us during these continued unprecedented times and for following the North Norfolk Coast’s ‘enjoy, respect, protect’ plea. We will continue to review the situation in light of any Government updates.
At our other visitor centre nature reserves
- Our visitor centres at Cley and Salthouse Marshes, Hickling Broad and Marshes, Ranworth Broad and Marshes and Holme Dunes will open daily from 10am-4pm. Weeting Heath will be open from 9.30am – 4.30pm daily.
- All visitors to NWT Holme Dunes need to use the online car park booking system which applies to weekends, public holidays and school holidays: 1 – 4 June 2021 and 22 July – 3 September 2021. We have not placed specific social distancing measures on parking but we request all visitors to remain mindful of social distancing measures when arriving or leaving from their vehicles.
- Our centres will be cleaned on an enhanced touch point cleaning regime throughout the day.
- Our visitor toilets will be open as usual with enhanced cleaning regimes and regular touch point cleaning through the day. All toilets will be run on a single person or where possible a single household entry.
- Events –We have now resumed a cautious return to our events schedule , with the current published programme covering the period from April to July. We will also continue with our very successful and popular range of digital events with NWT’s Nick Acheson in discussion with guest panellists. Please keep an eye on the website and on our social media channels for more information. For details of what events are running and for event procedures please contact the visitor centres directly.
Hickling Broad and Marshes
The Hickling Broad car park is open as usual. At NWT Hickling Broad we continue to have a one way route system in place around the reserve which allows for some alternate routes to be taken. Some small single access points have been closed currently. The access to Stubb Mill through the reserve from the Whiteslea track is wide enough accommodate a two way system but as always we request visitors to be mindful of safe social distancing. Normal reserve entry charges will apply.
NWT Holme Dunes car park is open as usual along with reserve access (although access along the hides path is closed currently). All visitors to NWT Holme Dunes need to use the online car park booking system which applies to weekends, public holidays and school holidays: 1 – 4 June 2021 and 22 July – 3 September 2021. All hides are open along with the reserve entry point to the back of the dunes system. Normal reserve entry charges will apply once the hide re-opens.
Cley and Salthouse Marshes
All NWT car parks at NWT Cley and Salthouse Marshes are open as usual. All hides are now open along with all other routes on the reserve. There are no one way systems in place but we request that visitors remain mindful of social distancing guidelines.
Ranworth Broad and Marshes
The NWT carpark will open alongside the visitor centre opening. There is a partial one way system in place and passing spaces along the board walk but we request that visitors remain mindful of social distancing guidelines. The reserve is free to enter.
The NWT carpark will open alongside the visitor centre. All hides are open. There is no one way system in place but we request that visitors remain mindful of social distancing guidelines. Normal reserve entry charges apply.
We look forward to now welcoming visitors to our centres once again.