Developments will often require an Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) to ascertain the potential short and longer-term effects on the local ecology. Statutory bodies such as Councils and the Environment Agency are required to use EcIA techniques to inform major planning decisions.
At NWS we provide ecological information from initial stages right through to final assessment and mitigation proposals, including:
- Scoping, consulting and desktop survey work
- Surveys and assessments for full Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) for large scale developments
- Habitat Regulations Assessments
- Mitigation and wildlife enhancement packages
- Auditing of planning and land management processes as part of Strategic Environmental Assessment